Scientific and medical translations
We can help you translate your scientific and medical content under the direct supervision of our industry expert, linguist and microbiologist Sebina Zisa-Davies.
Sebina Zisa-Davies is a linguist and researcher, familiar with new research and developments, and comfortable with the register and conventions of scientific and medical prose. Sebina has applied experience in assay methodology design, data analysis, sampling, testing and diagnostic techniques, equipment and instrumentation.
Translations for the medical and scientific research fields
Scientific and medical translations are sensitive translations in which the experience and scientific knowledge of the translator are of crucial importance.
English has long established itself globally as the official language of Science (and Medicine) and Technology (i.e. English for Science and Technology, otherwise known as EST); indeed the majority of research and publications are written in English.
The language of scientific and medical discourse is universal, but its conventions are not always easy for the layman to understand. In these fields, mistakes can lead to serious injury or even death.
Scientific and medical literature has as many faces as it has audiences, but whether it is journal articles or clinical data, when you need help with this type of content, the accuracy of the final rendering, both linguistically and scientifically, will be all the more crucial to you, and expertise and speed of delivery will be high on your list of priorities.
You can rest assured that we have a clear understanding of the translation process and subject matter, as well as an insider’s familiarity with everyday terminology, equipment and techniques.
Your translation will be carried out by an experienced translator with a scientific academic background, a researcher and laboratory scientist who keeps abreast of new research and developments, is familiar with the rules of scientific and medical prose and data analysis, and has applied experience of assay design, sampling, testing and diagnostic methods, equipment and instrumentation.
Our aim and our commitment to Science is to translate your documents from EST into fluent Italian, so that they can be appreciated, whatever their purpose, to give science and medicine the widest possible reach.
We will communicate with you at all stages of the process to ensure a personalised experience and, if you wish, we can store your terminology for future reference to ensure a consistent approach.
All our translations comply with industry guidelines and best practice.
We can also provide localisation, post-editing of machine translated material and quality assurance.
We can also translate your documents from Spanish, French and Portuguese (Brazilian) into Italian.
These are just a few examples of the types of documents we can translate:
- Adverse event reports
- Batch manufacturing records
- Case report forms (CRF)
- Clinical outcomes assessment questionnaires (COAs/PROs & eCOA/ePROs)
- Clinical Trial applications
- CoC and CoA
- CSR, Clinical Study Report
- Ethics Commettee correspondence
- GP Letters
- Import licenses
- Informed consent forms (ICFs)
- Investigational medicinal product dossier (IMPD)
- Investigator brochures
- Journal articles
- Lab Reports
- Marketing material
- Material safety data sheets
- Medical Records
- Patient Information Leaflets (PILs)
- Patient Questionnaires and diaries / event log
- Product patents
- QC documentation
- Standard operating procedures (SOP) and training material
- Study and trial reports
- Study Protocols
- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC)
We approach each new job with the same enthusiasm as the first, but with the processing methodology that has proven itself over time to guarantee optimum results.
Here’s what we do every time a document is entrusted to us:
- We read it carefully to identify the specific technical area to which it belongs;
- We analyse it from a terminological point of view;
- We translate it with full respect for the style and tone of the original, using specific glossaries built up over time by sector and by client, and carrying out relevant online research;
- We read it over, more than once, at intervals of a few hours or a day, before the final revision, to eliminate any typing errors and to refine its overall cohesion and quality;
- We submit it to a final review by an experienced reviewer;
- We deliver it to the customer, always within the agreed terms and in the agreed format.
Check out our FAQ to find out more about our services, or get in touch if you can’t find what you’re looking for!