Scientific and medical translations
we help you translate your science and medical related contents under the direct supervision of our sector expert, linguist and microbiologist Sebina Zisa-Davies.
Sebina Zisa-Davies is a linguist and researcher, conversant with new research and developments and accustomed to the register and conventions of scientific and medical prose. Sebina has applied experience in assay methodology design, data analysis, sampling, testing and diagnostic techniques, equipment and instrumentation.
Translations for the medical and scientific research fields
Scientific and medical translations are sensitive translations where the experience and scientific knowledge of the translator are crucial.
English has long established itself globally as the official language of Science (and Medicine) and Technology (i.e. English for Science and Technology, otherwise known as EST); indeed the majority of research and publications are written in English.
The language of scientific and medical discourse is universal, but their conventions are not always easy to grasp for the layman. In these fields, mistakes can be the cause of serious injuries or even fatalities.
Scientific and medical literature have as many faces as they have audiences, but be it journal article or clinical data, if you are seeking help with content of this kind, the accuracy of the final rendition, both linguistic and scientific, will be all the more crucial for you and subject knowledge and speed of delivery will be high on your list of priorities.
You can rest assured that we have a clear understanding of the translation process and the topic as well as an insider’s familiarity with everyday terminology, equipment and techniques.
Your translation will be handled by an experienced translator with a scientific academic education; a researcher and laboratory scientist, who keeps abreast with new research and developments, familiar with the rules of scientific and medical prose and data analysis, with applied experience of assay design, sampling, testing and diagnostic methodologies, equipment and instrumentation.
Our aim and our commitment to Science is to translate your documents from EST to fluent Italian, so that they can be appreciated, whatever their purpose, to give science and medicine the widest reach.
We will communicate with you during all steps of the process for a personalised experience and if you require it, we can store your terminology for future reference so as to guarantee a consistent approach.
All our translations will comply with industry guidelines and best practice.
We can also localise, post-edit machine translated material and perform quality assurance.
We can also translate your documents from Spanish, French and Portuguese (Brazilian) into Italian.
These are some examples of the documents we can translate:
- Adverse event reports
- Batch manufacturing records
- Case report forms (CRF)
- Clinical outcomes assessment questionnaires (COAs/PROs & eCOA/ePROs)
- Clinical Trial applications
- CoC and CoA
- CSR, Clinical Study Report
- Ethics Commettee correspondence
- GP Letters
- Import licenses
- Informed consent forms (ICFs)
- Investigational medicinal product dossier (IMPD)
- Investigator brochures
- Journal articles
- Lab Reports
- Marketing material
- Material safety data sheets
- Medical Records
- Patient Information Leaflets (PILs)
- Patient Questionnaires and diaries / event log
- Product patents
- QC documentation
- Standard operating procedures (SOP) and training material
- Study and trial reports
- Study Protocols
- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC)
We tackle each new task with the same enthusiasm as the first, but with the processing methodology that over time has proved effective in guaranteeing optimal results.
Here’s how we proceed each time we are entrusted with a document:
- we read it carefully to identify the specific technical field to which it belongs;
- we analyze it from a terminological viewpoint;
- we translate it in complete respect of the style and tone of the original, with the help of specific glossaries created over time by sector and by customer, carrying out relevant online searches;
- we read it again, more than once, before the final revision, at intervals of a few hours or a day, to eliminate eventual typos and refine its overall cohesion and quality;
- we submit it to a final review at the hands of an experienced reviewer;
- we deliver it to the customer, always within the established terms and in the established format.
Read the FAQ to know more about our services or get in touch if you don’t see what you are looking for!