Translations and Revisions for the Financial world
Do you need your legal, management, organisational or reporting documents to be translated from or into English, French or Italian to meet your specific internal or regulatory language-related requirements for your financial reporting or board of directors meetings?
Investment Banks and Asset Managers are among our regular clients
Over 20 years’ experience of working directly and regularly with a group of investment banks has added value to our knowledge and skills in translating financial content. As part of a world-leading financial group with offices in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg, these banks operate at an international level..
Specifically, we specialise in the subjects related to asset management, investment funds, regulatory compliance and market analysis.
The financial industry operates in the present, while leaning on the past and projecting into the future. Much like a tightrope walker, financial players take both cautious and risky steps towards the desired outcome! It is this dynamic that makes my translation work so vibrant and engaging.
A focus on the translation and revision of Internal Audit reports
We mainly translate the minutes of internal audits carried out by our clients’ internal audit departments into various language combinations, including Italian, English and French.
The audit reports are functional tools used to systematically determine the degree of compliance of the organisational structure and to assess and reduce the risks of non-compliance of the management, monitoring and control activities.
We devote our utmost attention and expertise to the process of translating and revising audit reports to achieve an excellent result in terms of content and full compliance with the relevant harmonised terminology.
We report directly to the Internal Audit and Compliance. According to the current provisions on the supervision of banks (Bank of Italy Circular no. 285 of 17 December 2013), the compliance function carries out all the activities provided for by the regulation and the policy. These include the disclosure requirements to the Supervisory Authority, the suspicious transaction reports or STRs, according to the disciplines of market abuse, money laundering, etc. The Internal Audit function is responsible for the third level controls. It verifies the adequacy of the activities carried out by the Compliance function with regard to compliance with internal and external legislation, the objective of sound and prudent management, risk control and compliance with the regulations of all the countries in which the banks operate.
Our services meet the requirements of both internal and external regulations, which stipulate that such documents must be produced in the languages of all the countries in which the banks operate. As our clients are based in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg, our working languages in the financial sector are Italian, English and French.
Examples of other regularly translated or revised texts for the financial world
- Audit reports
- Financial reports
- Inspection reports
- Macro-economic and micro-economic analysis
- Minutes of the board of directors
- Reports of remote controls carried out on areas of competence of the Compliance function
- Documents on Compliance risks
- Audit plans
- Non-conformity risk assessment documents
- Business verification documents based on adequacy indexes to develop early warning mechanisms
- Documents aimed at verifying procedures and customer protection controls effectiveness
- Documents aimed at verifying the implementation of the corrective actions to those processes identified as weak
How we work
We approach each new job with the same enthusiasm as the first, but with the processing methodology that has proven itself over time to guarantee optimum results.
Here’s what we do every time a document is entrusted to us:
- We read it carefully to identify the specific technical area to which it belongs;
- We analyse it from a terminological point of view;
- We translate it with full respect for the style and tone of the original, using specific glossaries built up over time by sector and by client, and carrying out relevant online research;
- We read it over, more than once, at intervals of a few hours or a day, before the final revision, to eliminate any typing errors and to refine its overall cohesion and quality;
- We submit it to a final review by an experienced reviewer;
- We deliver it to the customer, always within the agreed terms and in the agreed format.
Check out our FAQs to find out more about our services, or get in touch if you can’t find what you’re looking for!